6 Uses for Cilantro in the Kitchen
Although cilantro is often eaten with summer crops like tomatoes, it is a cool season crop available from the Capay Valley in the spring. It goes especially well with lemon or lime juice, Mexican dishes and pan-Asian food. Here are a few ways to enjoy this fresh green herb.
– Layer diced cilantro into quesadillas before cooking
– Top chili or other soups with the whole cilantro leaves, along with sour cream or plain yogurt
– Toss chopped cilantro with Asian noodle or rice dishes just before serving.
– Combine cilantro with garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes & lemon juice in the food processor to create a green sauce. Use to marinade meats or as a sauce on other dishes. Don’t be surprised if your chicken turns green!
– Add cilantro to a salad with citrus dressing. It will add a great, fresh flavor to the salad!
– Combine with shredded carrots, cabbage, radishes or other crunchy spring veggies along with salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil and a little sugar for a quick delicious slaw.
WHO WE ARE
We are a network of over 40 small, family farms that offers 100% local, seasonal food.
WHERE WE ARE
Our pick-up locations.
We currently serve the San Francisco Bay Area through public and private pick-up sites. Our public sites include:
Esparto Pacific Ace Hardware
Palo Alto Calafia Cafe
Sacramento Insight Coffee
to receive our email newsletter